Question:
DOes wearing ankle weights daily help u run faster?
2008-10-13 05:40:39 UTC
I wanna be able to increase my speed so I was wonderin if wearing ankle weights helps cause after I take them off I feel really light on my feet
Four answers:
cdk8591
2008-10-13 05:59:03 UTC
It will definitely enhance your performance- but unfortunately also enhance your risk of hurting yourself while jogging.

Never use more than a pound per leg/ankle
?
2008-10-13 11:33:41 UTC
It'll make you feel like you can run faster, but no, not necessarily. Also, NEVER exercise with ankle weights on. If anything, only wear them a few times a week when you're walking. You can do serious damage to your feet if you exercise with them. My right ankle bothered me for 2yrs after using them with varsity soccer. It doesn't bother me so much now, but I think I got lucky.
Terr
2008-10-13 06:43:03 UTC
getting used to light ankle weights will help you with your endurance and also improve your speed a little.
crystalsfine
2008-10-15 13:36:55 UTC
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! They work really well on me I had a higher speed then unusual it's a really neat thing to us.