Question:
Independant contractor all year,paid no taxes, drive 80 miles M-F claiming my daughter.?
Terence R
2009-01-20 21:45:21 UTC
Can I expect a tax refund ?
Five answers:
2009-01-21 02:57:47 UTC
If you haven't paid any taxes all year, then there is nothing for them to refund you. In fact, you will probably owe them money.
JustDon
2009-01-21 05:55:13 UTC
I don't know what the answer is... but if you've really paid no taxes and you DO get a "refund," the system is horribly broken.

A refund is money given *BACK* because one has overpaid. If you haven't put any money in, how could you possibly expect to get money "back." (Can you get something "back" that you never possessed in the first place?
shareenhmon
2009-01-22 16:49:52 UTC
Huh how can you get back what you never paid. I wouldn't bank on getting a return. But expect to pay something.
Mary
2009-01-21 06:08:57 UTC
You need to see your CPA. Have you been making quarterly payments? If you meet the criteria to have those payments required and don't do it, IRS will come at you with fines and penalties, so don't mess up that stuff!
sun_shinevt
2009-01-21 17:42:03 UTC
Probably not if you paid no taxes.